Mallaghan Engineering is a Leading Global Supplier in the manufacture of Ground Support Equipment for the Aviation Industry, producing highly acclaimed GSE products to an ever-expanding global network of customers. The Company is fully committed to a highly ambitious strategy of future growth as the aviation industry recovers from the current situation by continuing to broaden and improve upon our world class range of sophisticated high quality products.
As a result of our continued success we are now recruiting for experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to join our team.
Reporting to the Head of Design you will be responsible for producing quality designs.
Working on own initiative and as part of a team, your main duties will include, but not limited to
- Produce accurate design, bill of materials, detailed drawings in accordance with international standards and company procedures, within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for small and medium size engineering projects with minimal supervision and regular consultation
- Contribute with N.P.I. (New Product Introduction) projects, from concept to production handover.
- Ensure designs are functional, safe and cost effective, while maintaining the expected quality & QHSE standards.
- Implementing changes to improve productivity, quality and cost
- Produce concise written specifications which give all information necessary for procurement of required proprietary parts
- Work closely with production and ensure day-to-day issues are resolved.
To be successful in this role our ideal candidate will have
- Minimum – Degree or HND/HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. mechanical engineering) or at least 3 years of experience with proven design engineering background.
- Experience with the design of vehicles, crushers, screeners, trailers or similar
- Strong passion for innovation and results driven
- Strong planning, prioritizing and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a demanding role and use initiative
- Experience with CAD specifically Solidworks
In return we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Long Service Awards
- Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On-site Parking
- Early finish on Fridays!
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful and stable company who are continuing to build on their growth.
If you are interested in applying for these vacancies then please submit an up to date CV and letter detailing your skills and suitability for this role to the HR Department at email@example.com
MALLAGHAN ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER