Mallaghan Engineering is a Leading Global Supplier in the manufacture of Ground Support Equipment for the Aviation Industry, producing highly acclaimed GSE products to an ever expanding global network of customers.
Due to a full order book and our ambitions growth plans, we are now seeking to recruit for experienced Press Operator (Nightshift) to join our innovative and dynamic team and to produce quality products which will meet or exceed customer expectations:
As an important member of the cutting shop team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all components are cut accurately and timely to ensure the manufacturing process is efficient in all aspects.
You will be constantly aware of the health and safety controls in place, and work as part of a team to develop continuous improvement.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday (6pm – 6am), 46 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
- You will read and understand engineering drawings.
- Operating the Press brake machine to bend and shape metal to specification.
- Inspecting fresh sheet metal for any imperfections or quality issues
- Monitor metal quality as its being shaped and identify and report drawing errors.
- Meeting set targets whilst working on the production line.
- Adhering to strict quality targets
- Unload components onto pallets and label correctly
- Carry out routine maintenance and calibration of machines.
- Working as part of a team to develop continuous improvement
- Maintain a clean and tidy works area
The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings, experience using hand tools and machinery.
In return we offer
- 20% Shift Allowance
- Competitive rates and overtime
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Discounted High Street, Gym Membership and Insurance
- Long Service Awards
- Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On-site Parking
If you are interested in the position then please complete and return your completed application form and monitoring form to the HR department at email@example.com or alternatively please call our HR department on 028 8775 5858.
We are an equal opportunities employer.