Mallaghan Engineering is a Leading Global Supplier in the manufacture of Ground Support Equipment for the Aviation Industry, producing highly acclaimed GSE products to an ever expanding global network of customers.
Do you have an innate passion to succeed through relationship building and solving problems? Do you enjoy traveling across the world to meet new people and businesses? Is aviation an industry of interest for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To have ‘Innovation for Aviation’ at the forefront of our business.
Mallaghan is a global leader in the design and manufacture of aviation ground support equipment (GSE) with factories in Europe, North America, & China and products in sold into over 120 countries.
All Mallaghan products are tailored to each of our partner’s & customer’s unique specific needs & requirements. With elite expertise in the field of engineering, design, and manufacturing, Mallaghan can ensure all of its’ products are at the fore of advanced technologies. With a keen emphasis on green technologies, Mallaghan can guarantee that customers receive the best possible return on their capital equipment investment.
The Regional Sales Manager – Americas is responsible for identifying and building relationships with companies and individuals within the aviation ground support equipment industry within the Americas region to sell Mallaghan products and services to reach internal sales goals. The Regional Sales Manager will also support and contribute to developing and implementing sales strategies across the region and identifying and developing key accounts. They will have strong interpersonal & team skills and will support the learning and development of the sales team across the globe.
- Traveling to both current and potential customers, creating awareness and demand for the company products and services.
- Identifying potential opportunities and effectively communicating benefits and opportunities available to meet needs and interests.
- Maintaining communications with internal personnel to ensure efforts are in line with strategy objectives.
- Identifying prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing customers, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Calling on prospective customers, providing technical and administrative product information and quoting appropriate customer prices.
- Maintaining all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations within our Salesforce CRM system.
- Monitoring market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiating details of contracts and payments.
- Consulting with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong business acumen.
- 2+ years’ experience in aviation ground support equipment sales, although not essential, highly desirable.
- 2+ years’ of capital equipment sales required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to freely travel throughout countries in North and South America.
- Knowledge of various relationship building strategies with sales development focus.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a non-structured developing work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to think “outside the box”, communicate and motivate customers on the company’s products, programs, and new ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint along with Salesforce CRM or similar.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.