The Fan Blade De-icer is a light and easy manoeuvrable device for removing ice, snow etc from iced-up surfaces on an aircraft, particularly aircraft engines.
An air intake hopper is manoeuvred up onto the exhaust of the aircraft’s air conditioning system, encompassing it & creating a seal. Ducting from the hopper then permits the flow of warm air from the exhaust through reinforced hosing to the designated treatment areas. As well as 2 large 300mm diameter hoses for the fan blades there is a smaller 50mm hose that can be manually guided to areas of heavier ice & to thaw door seals, fill points etc.
A319 / A320 / A321
- 25km/h maximum towing speed at lowered height
- Tow bar which can be locked in one of three places
- Features stable lifting mechanism for air intake hopper
- Reinforced air conducting hose
- Auxiliary hose nozzle to manually de-ice areas of heavier ice