Mallaghan Engineering is a leading global supplier in the manufacture of Ground Support Equipment for the Aviation Industry, producing highly acclaimed GSE products to an ever-expanding global network of customers. The Company is fully committed to a highly ambitious strategy of future growth and to continuing to build its reputation for the quality of its products and its customer service ethos.
Due to a full order book, we are now recruiting for Electrical Technicians to join our team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the electrical installation, testing, fault finding and diagnostics of our Ground Support Equipment on the factory production lines.
Working on own initiative and as part of a team, your main duties will include;
- Wiring GSE products in assembly lines.
- Ensuring electrical control systems are installed to the specification requirements as detailed by the schematics.
- Testing and commissioning of the electrical system as per quality assurance documentation.
- Trouble shooting software problems and electrical faults.
- Cataloguing and analysing system non-performances.
- Working as part of a team to develop continuous improvement.
- Safe and controlled movement of production and electrical parts.
- Comply with current and future Health & Safety laws, processes and procedures.
- Adherence to our ISO 9001 Quality management system.
- Adherence to company health and safety procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A third level electrical engineering qualification or vocational time served electrical qualification including City & Guilds 17th edition.
- Experience of 3-phase and electrical control systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Ability to investigate root cause of non-performance processes.
- Previous experience in a similar role within an engineering industry.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timeline.
- A full driving license valid in the UK.
In return we offer
- Excellent rates
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance (4 times your annual salary)
- Discounted High Street, Gym Membership and Insurance
- Long Service Awards
- Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- On-site Parking
- Early finish on Fridays!
If you are interested in this role but feel you may not meet all the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Day shift
Work Location: In person