Overview and Purpose of Role
This role requires a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join a newly formed electrical team within the broader engineering department.
• The candidate will be required to develop, oversee, evaluate and document new control systems for machinery through research into available hardware, software and wiring practices.
• Working on own initiative and as part of a team to complete assigned projects within an appropriate timeframe and to a high standard adhering to all applicable standards. This will include producing all relevant documentation including, electrical schematics, controller software, BOMs etc.
• Recommend improvements or modifications to existing electrical works if appropriate
• Liaise with electrical sub-contractors to ensure new designs are implemented
• Test and validate new componentry and software solutions
• Assist other departments such as sales and aftersales support as required.
• Any other duties as required by the manufacturing manager to suit business needs.
• Adherence to our ISO 9001 Quality management system.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Qualified to degree level in an engineering related discipline or relevant working engineering experience.
• Familiar with mobile equipment control products and programming software
• Experience in control system and control panel design
• Sound working knowledge of AC and DC control systems up to 400Vac
• Experience in producing Electrical Schematics using design software.
• Ability to complete electrical design cycle, from schematic design, parts selection, manufacturing supervision, panel layouts, BOMs, testing, trouble shooting and documentation.